The London Eye is one of the many attractions in London that you should not miss. You don’t need to worry about your accommodation because there are hotels near London Eye, and one of them is the London House Hotel.
The colossal Ferris wheel is situated on River Thames’ south bank, and across the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. The London Eye was launched in the year 2000 to welcome the new millennium. At the time, the whole world marvelled at the tallest Ferris wheel on the planet. To be precise, it is more appropriate to call it the biggest cantilevered observation wheel in the world.
The London Eye earned the title of most popular paid attraction in the U.K. It bagged more than 85 awards for international and local tourism. It is also proud of its engineering achievement and excellent architectural quality.
Things to See and Do at London Eye
Before you visit, it may be wise to check first the hotels near London Eye. It is possible that after riding the observation wheel, you may want to visit a certain place that caught your interest, and it’s convenient when you already have a place to stay when you need to rest.
You can bring a camera when you board the London Eye. From there, you get to see a 360˚ view of the area. It’s also an opportune time to take note of the places that you wish to visit next. Although you can bring your camera along and take pictures, you are not allowed to use tripods and recording devices.
The Eye is also a famous place to spot some celebrities with the likes of Jessica Alba and Kate Moss who love to ride the famous London Eye. If you’re lucky, you may even get a chance to see celebrities shooting for a movie.
You may also want to try the London Eye river cruise and take a closer look at some of the famous places in London, like Shakespeare’s Globe and Big Ben.
There are restaurants near London Eye that you may want to try. For stunning river views, while dining, you may visit Skylon and savour a few cocktails. When you want to enjoy live jazz, steaks, and fine wine, try The Archduke. There’s also Bao Fa Garden when you want some Chinese food, Troia Bar & Restaurant when you’re craving for some Mediterranean cuisine, or Brasserie Joel for a romantic dinner or quick lunch.
You can visit the different shops near London Eye on foot. It usually takes between 3 to 10 minutes to go to a shop from London Eye.
Why Choose London House Hotel?
The London House Hotel is situated in the old neighborhoods with classic townhouses of London. It is near the great places that you wish to visit in London, particularly the London Eye. Every room is clean and comfortable. The tube station is only two blocks away.
If you need anything, you can always find a friendly staff to help you out. The place is easy to find even if it’s your first time to visit London.
Ticket Prices and Opening Hours
The London Eye is usually open from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day, except for days when the operating hours are between 10:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. during:
- Easter holidays, Saturdays, and Sundays of Easter month.
- Saturdays and Sundays in the Month of May as well as half term dates.
- Every day in the months of June, July, and August.
- Saturdays and Sundays in the months of September, October, November, and December (Christmas break included).
Take note that the London Eye is closed on Christmas Day. It will also cease its operation from January 7 to 22 of 2019 to pave the way to its annual maintenance. It is advisable to visit the London Eye website to check any changes in schedule due to special events.
When Is the Best Time to Visit the London Eye?
It is best to visit the London Eye between early June and late September. It is best to avoid going there during peak days, such as bank holidays, weekends, and school holidays in the U.K.
The best time of day to visit is the opening time or after 4 p.m. to admire the sunset on a good weather.
Direction from London House Hotel to London Eye:
It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to reach London Eye on foot via Birdcage Walk:
- Go to Kensington Gardens Square by heading south.
- To stay on the Kensington Gardens Square route, turn left.
- Follow the path to Porchester Gardens.
- Turn right to follow Queensway.
- Turn right once more to tread Bayswater Rd.
- Turn left twice, right, left, slight left, right, left, and left once more to follow Apsley Way.
- Turn right to stay on your current route.
- Turn left to maintain your route.
- Turn right to follow Spur Rd.
- Turn right to maintain the right track to follow.
- Continue until you reach Birdcage Walk.
- Take the path to Great George St.
- Take left to reach Parliament St.
- Take the crosswalk.
- Turn left to follow Bridge St.
- Turn left onto The Queen's Walk (you need to take the stairs).
The fastest route to London Eye when you ride a car takes 27 minutes. You can:
- Take the Kensington Gardens Square route to Westbourne Grove.
- Take Harrow Rd. and follow the route going to Chicheley St.
- Stay on Chicheley St. to reach Belvedere Rd.
The fastest Route by bus takes about 35 minutes when you:
- Walk for about 7 minutes to reach the Orme Square Stop.
- Take the bus ride 148 Camberwell, which takes about 22 min to reach St. Thomas' Hospital County Hall Stop.
- Walk for about 6 minutes to reach the London Eye.
It is advisable to book a hotel first when you plan to take your whole family with you when you spend some time in London.